- 2 cups (116 gr) “00” flour
- 2 eggs (100 gr)
- 8 tablespoons (113 gr) butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup (100 gr) sugar
- ½ teaspoon (3 gr) salt
- ¼ cup (38 gr) almonds, whole
Time: 1 1/2 hours
Yield: 6 SERVINGS
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add flour, salt and eggs. Work and knead the mixture by hand until it comes together, then add the almonds.
- Divide the dough in half. Shape the dough into logs roughly 12 long x 2 inches wide x 1 inch high.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the loaves to a rack and cool completely.
- Cut them into ½ inch slices.
- Put them into the oven for another 10- 15 minutes. Flip the biscotti over after the first 5 minutes.
- Remove to a rack and cool completely.
- Dip biscotti in chocolate. Let cool.
- HOW TO MELT THE GOCCE
- Add gocce to the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water. Stir gently and frequently until the gocce has completely melted. Use a heat-safe rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl as you stir.