- Amaretti Cookie Pie Crust Ingredients
- 2 bags of
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 1 can apple pie filling 21 ounces
- 2 pkg cream cheese 16 oz, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs large or extra large
- 1/2 cup roasted* pecans can substitute for candied pecans
- Dulce de Leche Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon (optional)
Time: 1 hours & 35 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
Make the Amaretti Cookie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cookies in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until the cookies are fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and process until well mixed.
- Pour the crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and spread out evenly. Use your hands or the bottom of a flat measuring cup and press the mixture firmly onto the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool while you make the cheesecake.
Make the Apple Pie Cheesecake
- Spoon all but 3/4 cup of the apple pie filling into the pie crust. Spread out evenly.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla to a medium size bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the apple pie filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the center of the cheesecake is set. Allow the cheesecake to cool.