- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 4 small spring onions, sliced
- 1 sprig of mint finely chopped
- 1 sprig of parsley finely chopped
- 1 sprig of basil finely chopped
- A few Parmesan shavings
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Trim and peel the asparagus about ½ way up each stalk.
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil into a pan, heat over medium heat and sauté the onions until they soften.
- Add the asparagus and sauté for a minute. Cover the pan and adjust the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking the lemon olive oil with the balsamic until they emulsify.
- Plate the asparagus and onions. Dress with the vinaigrette, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the herbs over, then the curls of Parmesan.