- 1 tbsp
- 100g/3½oz smoked bacon
- 500g/1lb 2oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 50g/1¾oz dried cranberries
- 1 Bag of Mixed Leaves
- 100ml / 3½fl oz Marsala or Sherry
- 50g / 1¾oz pecans, lightly toasted
- For the dressing
- 3 tbsp
- 2 tbsp
- ½ tsp
- ½ tsp (optional)
Time: 30 mins
Yield: 8 Servings
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the bacon and cook until very crisp and the fat has rendered off. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts and add to the pan. Cook on high heat until the sprouts are starting to brown around the edges. Add 100ml/3½fl oz water and continue to cook, stirring regularly, until the water has evaporated off and the Brussels are just cooked – they should have wilted a little but still be a very fresh looking green. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, put the cranberries in a small saucepan and cover them with the marsala. Bring to a boil and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed by the cranberries – they will be glossy and plump. Whisk the walnut oil and sherry vinegar together with the honey and mustard, if using. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad, arrange the leaves in a bowl or serving platter. Add the Brussels sprouts and most of the dressing and toss gently. Sprinkle over the bacon, pecans, and cranberries, and serve.
Login and Registration Form