- 4 large tart apples
- 8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins, chopped
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- ¾ cup apple cider, hot
Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 4 Servings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Cream together the butter and honey then stir in the raisins and nuts.
- Slice the top with the stem off the apples and reserve. Use a melon baler (scoop Parisienne) to core the apples to ½” of the bottoms. Fill the hollowed-out centers with the butter/honey mixture.
- Butter an 8’ x 8” baking dish.
- Put the apples into the dish and pour over the cider. Put the tops back on the apples. Cover. Bake 45 -60 minutes until tender. Baste once or twice with the juices in the dish.