- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- ½ lb. sweet Italian pork sausages, casings removed ½ cup dry white wine
- 1.5 oz. dried mushrooms, soaked for ½ hour in hot water to cover, drained and sliced
- 3 cups of shelled peas, fresh or frozen
- 5 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
Time: 1 1/2 hours
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- MAKE the SAUCE.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add the onion and carrot. When the onion softens, add the sausage. Let it brown a bit, then add the wine. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time to break up the meat and prevent sticking.
- Add the mushrooms. Cover and lower the heat. Cook for 20 minutes. Add a few drops of water if necessary.
- COOK the PASTA.
- Boil in abundant salted water for no more than 7 minutes, as it must be baked.
- ASSEMBLE the CASSEROLE.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Place the rack in the center of the oven. Butter an oven-proof dish.
- Blend the tomato sauce and the béchamel sauce.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pan. Mix it with 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 2 cups of the sauce. Stir in the sausage and the peas.
- Pour everything into the casserole dish. Cover with the rest of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven until bubbling, approximately 35 minutes.
Login and Registration Form