- 16 oz Chimay lager
- 4 Italian sausages or bratwurst
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 top-sliced buns
- 4 slices onion and horseradish cheddar
Time: 25 mins
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- In a large pot with a lid over high heat, add beer and sausages. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 8 minutes. Remove sausages from pan, drain, reserving ¼ cup braising liquid.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over high heat. Add sausages, green peppers and onions. Stir and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until beginning to brown. Add ¼ cup reserved beer braising liquid from stockpot to skillet and bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until sausages are cooked through.
- Spread Edmond Fallot Dijon on each bun, and place a slice of cheese on top. Place hot sausages on top of cheese, and top with sautéed onions and peppers. Serve warm and with a cold Chimay beer.
Login and Registration Form