- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 medium-size potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- Pesto Sauce
- Freshly grated Pecorino or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for serving
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. When the water reaches a boil, add 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt.
- Put the potatoes in a pot with water to cover.
- Add the other tablespoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower to simmer. When they are just cooked through, drain.
- Return to the pot and cover until needed.
- Blanch the beans in the pasta water for 3 minutes. Lift them out and add them to the potatoes.
- Cook the Casarecci according to the package instructions. Reserve a ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Drain. Return the pasta to the pot and combine with the potatoes and beans.
- In a small bowl, blend the pesto sauce with just enough reserved cooking water to make a smooth consistency. Pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Gently combine and mix the ingredients well over low heat.
- Transfer the pasta and vegetables to a platter or bowl and serve immediately.
- Serve grated cheese on the side.