- 1 cup all purpose flour (120 grams)
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder (45 grams)
- 4 oz. softened butter (1 stick/115 grams)
- 1 room temperature egg or flax egg
- ½ cup brown sugar (100 grams)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Time: 1 hour
Make the cookies
- Begin by creaming together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat for 3 minutes. Add in your egg/flax egg. Continue to beat for another minute.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. If the dough looks a little dry, continue to beat for another minute.
- Then, chill the dough for 2 hours or up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- After chilling, preheat your oven to 350° F and line your baking trays with parchment paper and unwrap the Esprit du Sel Sea Salt Caramels.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll the dough into 1 inch balls using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop or your hands. Place the dough on the baking trays. Make sure to leave two inches around the cookies to allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350° F, then place an Esprit du Sel Sea Salt Caramel on top of each cookie. Try to place the caramels on top quickly. Then, place cookies back in the oven and bake for another 6-8 minutes.
- Once done baking, sprinkle with Fleur de Sel and let the cookies cool before eating.