- 4 cups (480 gr) all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon (7 gr) baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoon (6 gr) salt
- 12 oz. (3 sticks) (340 gr) sweet butter, melted
- 16 oz. (450 gr) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (200 gr) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoon (18 gr) real vanilla extract
Time: 2-3 hours
Yield: 40 cookies
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend melted butter and dark and granulated sugars in a mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs, yolks and vanilla together and add to butter/ sugar mixture. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients slowly, until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate drops.
- Roll the cookie dough into a log about 1 ½” in diameter. You could also treat these as drop cookies, in which case you would gather the dough into a ball.
- Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Let dough rest – at least 2 hours, ideally overnight. Remove dough from refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 sheet pans with baking parchment.
- Slice the log into 1/4rounds and place on the baking sheets or scoop with a #30 ice cream scoop ( 1 7/8"" /2 tablespoons).
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Bake approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, bang the baking sheet on the counter a few times to deflate the cookies. Cool.