- For the crust:
- 24 chocolate cookies, such as oreos
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- For the pie:
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Whipped cream
Time: Prep Time: 3 Hours Cook Time: 10 Mins
Yield: 8-10 Servings
- For the crust, add the cookies to a food processor and pulse until cookies are fine crumbs. Add the crumbs to a bowl and mix with melted butter. Transfer mixture to a 9-inch pie plate and press into an even layer. Place in refrigerator and allow to chill 30 minutes.
- Stir over medium heat until the mixture starts to become thick, about 5-8 minutes. As soon as it begins to bubble and thicken remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate, vanilla, and butter, and stir until combined.
- Pour the chocolate pudding into the pie crust and place in the fridge to chill for 3-4 hours uncovered. Serve with whipped cream.