- 1 cup (227 gr) of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons (28 gr) butter
- 1 cup (100 gr) of cocoa powder
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds on high. Remove and stir. Repeat until melted but not hot.
- Heat the heavy cream in a heavy enameled or stainless lined saucepan over low heat until warm. Do not bring to a boil. Remove from stovetop.
- Use a silicone spatula to stir the melted chocolate into the warm cream. The ganache should be smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl or shallow baking pan.
- Cool in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a teaspoon, scoop the ganache and shape it into a ball with the palm of your hands. Place on parchment. Work quickly. Continue until all the ganache is gone.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until firm.
- Place cocoa powder in a shallow bowl. Roll chilled ganache in the cocoa powder until well coated. Sift a little more cocoa powder over the truffles.
- Place on clean parchment or in paper candy cups.
- Allow to set in a cool, dry place.