- 3 lbs. chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk, unsweetened
- Cilantro and/or basil
Time: 45 minutes
MAKE THE DISH
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Blend the curry powder and paprika with the salt and rub it into the chicken. Drop the chicken into a zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours. Bring it to room temperature before proceeding.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- In a Dutch oven, brown the chicken in the oil over medium heat. Remove it from the pan. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of oil. Sauté the garlic and the onion until the onion is translucent. Add the rice and stir until it is coated in oil. Add the ginger. Stir in 2 cups of water and the coconut milk. Bring the contents to a boil, stirring up and dissolving the fond.
- Arrange the chicken, skin side up, in the pot, cover, and pop it in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Plate and garnish with herbs.
Login and Registration Form