- ¾ cup Campanini Arborio Rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed, for topping
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal, for topping
- A dollop of chili paste or fresh hot pepper cut into confetti (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- crumbled bacon (optional)
Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Put it in a bowl. Cover with water. Let it soak for ½ hr.
- Put the rice in a medium saucepan with the stock and bring it to a boil. Boil 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the water, return to the boil then drop the heat to a slow simmer. Partially cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in the ginger oil. Ladle into individual bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds, scallions, chili paste, bacon and anything else you may be craving.
Login and Registration Form