- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 2 parsnips, peeled
- 2 medium turnips, peeled
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of dried currants
Time: 1 1/2 hours
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Put the rack in the bottom 1/3 of the oven
- Line a sheet pan with foil or baking parchment.
- Stir the curry powder into the melted butter.
- Cut all the root vegetables into 1-inch chunks. Toss them along with the garlic and shallot in a bowl with the melted butter to coat.
- Fold in currants.
- Blend the honey, vinegar and ¼ cup tepid water. Pour over the vegetables and coat well.
- Arrange the vegetables on the sheet pan. Cover with foil. Roast covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and roast an additional 30–40 minutes.