- 2 to 3 tablespoons
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 carrot scraped and cut into matchsticks
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, cut into fine julienne
- 1 leek, white and light green, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 medium white onion, diced1 small zucchini sliced into coins
- Pinch or 2 of sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoon
- 6 sardines, cleaned, gutted and de-boned, heads intact
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup A L’Olivier Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon each chervil, dill, parsley, finely chopped
Time: 2 hours
Yield: 2 SERVINGS
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a sauté pan over a gentle flame.
- Add the garlic. When it starts to brown, remove it.
- Raise the heat to medium. Add the carrot and fennel. Sauté these for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, leeks and the onion and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini and a pinch of salt.
- Cover the pan and turn the heat down to low.
- Let the vegetable sweat for 5 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium. When you hear things starting to sizzle, pour in the wine and the vinegar. Reduce by ½, then stir in 3 tablespoons of oil. Remove from the heat.
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- COOK the SARDINES.
- Dredge the sardines in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Shake off the excess.
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil to almost smoking and fry the fish, turning once till golden. Put the sardines in the dish with the vegetables.
- Refrigerate. Let them marinate together for at least an hour.
- TO SERVE.
- Arrange the vegetable on a serving dish with the fish on top.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel. Scatter the herbs overall.
Login and Registration Form