- Cookie Dough
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 grams)
- ½ cup brown sugar (100 grams) (210 grams)
- ¼ cup unsulphured molasses (60 grams)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (8 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons milk (45 grams)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped, candied ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar topping
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
Make the dough
- Mix the ginger-infused oil, sugars, molasses, milk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix by hand or with an electric mixer. Fold in the candied ginger.
- Chill the dough for at least 1 hour to allow the flour to absorb the wet ingredients.
Bake the cookies
- Mix the sugar topping ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls using a 2 tablespoon scoop or your hands. Roll them in the sugar. Place them on the baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.