- 2 eggs
- Sea Salt
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 28 oz salmon fillet, sliced into 11/2 oz. fingers
- 1 lb. kataifi (shredded phyllo dough)
- 2 passion fruits chopped
Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Yield: 8 SERVINGS
- PREPARE the POTATO MAYONNAISE.
- Put the eggs in a saucepot with cold water to cover and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover, turn off the heat. Leave them for 8 minutes then refresh in a bowl of ice water. Shell them when cooled.
- Mash the yolk with the back of a fork. Finely chop the whites.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan with cold water to cover and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil. Cook until easily pierced with a fork. About 20 minutes.
- Put them in bowl and mash with a mixer, then add eggs. Keep the mixer running. Slowly pour in the oil. Once all the oil has been incorporated add the apple vinegar. Add the lemon juice.
- Continue mixing until the sauce emulsifiers.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- PREPARE the SALMON.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.Line a sheet pan with baking parchment paper.
- Separate the kataifa into 18 skeins. Keep them under a piece of plastic wrap or damp paper towel while you work.
- Wrap the salmon pieces with The kataifi pastry. Arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400°F.
- Chop the passion fruit. Put them in a small oven-proof dish and bake them the oven for 5 minutes.
- TO SERVE.
- Arrange the salmon slices on the potato mayonnaise and garnish with the grilled passion fruit.
Login and Registration Form