- Two 2 lbs. leg of lamb or top round cut into 20, 1" cubes
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black peppercorns
- 4 medium lemons, scrubbed and cut into 6 wedges
- 24 fresh bay laurel leaves
- 4 branches of rosemary to use as skewers (Optional)
Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Pat the meat dry with paper towels.
- Generously salt and pepper.
- Put it on a plate in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- Combine the two oils for a total of ¼ cup. Transfer the meat to a bowl. Pour the oil over the meat and return it to the refrigerator for another hour.
- Soak wood or bamboo skewers in water while the meat marinates. Remove the meat from the oil.
- Prepare a charcoal fire for direct heat or preheat the broiler to high.
- Skewer the lemon so that the cut side faces in, then a cube of lamb and a bay leaf.
- Repeat lemon, lamb, bay leaf using 5 cubes of meat per skewer. Don't pack everything on too tightly.
- Grill or broil for a total of 6-8 minutes, turning 3 or 4 times for medium-rare.