- Cookie Dough
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (360 grams)
- 1 teaspoon loose Earl Grey tea crumbled fine or the contents of 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (16 grams)
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 oz. softened butter (1 stick/115 grams)
- ¼ cup milk (60 grams)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (30 grams)
- Lavender sanding sugar
Time: 35 Mins
Yield: 20 Cookies
Make the Cookies.
- Put the flour, tea, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and baking powder into a bowl and mix. Beat in the softened butter for 2-3 minutes at medium speed. The dough will be dry and crumbly. Add in the lavender-infused oil
- and milk. Beat until well combined. Tightly wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Line cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- Cut the log into¼ thick slices with a sharp knife. If you are making cut-outs, bring the dough to room temperature and roll it out to ¼ thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely before icing.
Make the Icing.
- Blend the heavy cream into the confectioner’s sugar a little at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Decorate with lavender-colored sugar.
Login and Registration Form