- Cookie Crust
- 10 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Lemon Topping
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
Make the Cookie Crust
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment.
- Combine the butter, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Beat for 2-3 minutes until clumps start to form. Add the lemon-infused oil and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press the dough into the pan, making sure to form an even layer. Use the back of a drinking glass or measuring cup to compact the dough. Bake15-20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
Make the Lemon Topping
- While the crust bakes, prepare the filling. Blend together the condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, lemon-infused oil, cornstarch and salt.
- Once the base is done baking, pour the filling over it. Return to the oven and bake an additional 25 minutes, until the filling has just set.
- Cool for an hour at room temperature, then refrigerate 4-6 hours before slicing and serving. Garnish at will.