- Cookie Dough
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (360 grams)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (16 grams)
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 oz. softened butter (1 stick/115 grams)
- Zest of one lemon
- 6 tablespoon
- ¼ cup milk (60 grams)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (30 grams)
- Slivered almonds or lemon zest (Optional)
Make the Cookies
- Mix the flour, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Blend in the softened butter and lemon zest. Beat together for 2-3 minutes at medium speed.
- The dough will be dry and crumbly. Add the lemon-infused oil, milk, and almond extract. Continue to beat until amalgamated. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Line cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- Cut the log into ¼” thick slices. If you are making cut-outs, bring the dough to room temperature and roll it on a lightly floured surface to 1/4“ thick. Place the cookies on the sheet pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool completely before icing.