- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 4 heads radicchio, cleaned and sliced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated fontina cheese
- salt & freshly milled pepper, to taste
- nutmeg, grated
Make the Pasta
- In a sauté pan, lightly brown the onion in a tablespoonful of olive oil. Add the radicchio to the onion. Cover and sweat over a low heat. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, 13 -14 minutes. Shortly before the pasta is ready, add the cream and the cheese to the radicchio. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg. Drain the pasta and toss with the radicchio. Serve at once.