- 7 oz Lazzaroni Amaretti di Saronno, crushed into crumbs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz mascarpone
- 4 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- Toschi Vignola Amarena Cherries in Syrup
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Yield: 12-14 Servings
- Butter an 8” spring form pan. Line the bottom with parchment and butter it. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the amaretti crumbs in a bowl. Pour in the melted butter, add the salt and mix to combine. Press the crumbs into the bottom and an inch or two up the sides of the springform. Bake blind until set, about 10 minutes. Cool the pan on a rack.
- Blend the cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat until creamy. Blend in the lemon zest, juice, and vanilla.
- Wrap the spring form with a couple of layers of foil, to cover the bottom seam. Pour the batter into the pam and smooth it. Set the springform into a roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to come 1/3 up the side of the springform. The water bath allows the cake to cook slowly and evenly and helps prevent it from cracking as it cools.
- Bake until set but still a bit wobbly, 45-60 minutes. Remove the springform from the bain-marie. Cool on a rack, then refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, top the whole cake or individual servings with amarena cherries and syrup.