- Adapted from Bon Appetit – Anna Stockwell
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 6 large eggs
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and/or new or baby potatoes, halved if larger
- 4 cups seedless cucumbers
- (Olives, capers, pepperoncini, pickles, or other pickled-briny ingredients (optional for serving)
Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, pepper, and 1 tsp—kosher salt in a medium bowl; set dressing aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add eggs and cook for 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water (keep pot over high heat); chill until cold, about 5 minutes. Peel; set aside.
- Meanwhile, add green beans and potatoes to the same pot of boiling water and cook until just tender, 2–4 minutes for green beans, 10–15 minutes for potatoes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to the bowl of ice water; let sit until cold, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels; pat dry.
- To serve, slice eggs in half and arrange on a platter with cooked and raw vegetables and tuna. Top with pickled-briny ingredient(s), sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle some reserved dressing over. Serve with remaining dressing alongside.
- Do Ahead: Dressing can be made 5 days ahead; cover and chill. Eggs can be boiled, and vegetables blanched 2 days ahead; cover and chill separately.