- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt.
- In a medium skillet, melt ¼ cup of the butter over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini and sauté.
- After 2 minutes, add the shallot. Stir occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to salted boiling water. Give it a stir. Cook to package directions. Drain the pasta not too well and arrange it on a warm platter.
- Pour the zucchini mixture over the pasta.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup butter and the Parmesan cheese. Toss well.