- 2 cups Arborio Campanini Rice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion (finely diced)
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 inch piece ginger (minced or grated)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ to 1 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 8 oz. spinach
- 4 cups (32 oz./960 grams) vegetable broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- Salt (to taste)
Make the risotto
- 1. Begin by blending ¾ of the spinach with the vegetable broth in a blender until smooth. Then, transfer the liquid into a pot and bring it to a simmer.
- 2. While the spinach broth simmers, heat up a large pot and then add in the olive oil. Mix in the onions, garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, and a generous amount of salt. Once the onions turn translucent and the garlic and ginger begins to soften, add in the Campanini Arborio Rice and leftover spinach. Keep mixing until the rice begins to turn translucent and mixes with the spices.
- 3. Once the rice turns slightly translucent, begin adding in your spinach broth 1 cup at a time into the rice pot. Keep mixing on a low heat. Once the broth is absorbed by the rice, then add the next cup of broth. Repeat until there is no more broth and the rice is fully cooked. You may need to add more than the allotted broth. This extra broth can be substituted with water.
- 4. Once the rice is fully cooked, taste it to add extra salt and chili powder if necessary. Mix in almost all of your cream (reserve a couple of tablespoons) and lemon juice to taste.
- 5. Transfer the risotto to a serving dish, top with the remaining cream and chopped cilantro. Serve warm with a side of naan if desired.
Login and Registration Form