- Flour for dusting
- 6 each 4 to 5 oz (130 gr) balls of whole wheat pizza dough at room temperature
- ¾ cup roasted bell pepper cut in thin julienne
- 1/3 cup roasted yellow bell pepper cut into thin julienne
- 1/3 cup roasted yellow onion thinly sliced
- Sea salt to taste
- 6 sprigs of thyme
Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 500° F.
- Set the rack in the top 1/3 of the oven.
- Lightly dust a sheet pan or cookie sheet with flour. Punch down each ball of dough on a lightly floured surface. Flatten them into discs. Stretch and shape them. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Arrange the peppers and onions loosely in a single layer on top of the pizzas.
- Top each one with a sprig of thyme.
- Pour a thin line of extra virgin olive oil around the edge of each pizza. Sprinkle with salt and then put them in the oven.
- Bake the pies for 12-15 minutes and rotate every 6 minutes.
- When they come out of the oven, sprinkle the pies with fresh thyme.