- 4 pears – Bosc, Comice, Bartlett, D’ Anjou
- 1 ½ cups Sauvignon Blanc
- 4 strips of lemon peel
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary for garnish
- Red and golden raspberries for garnish
Time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- Combine the wine, honey and lemon peel in 3 quart saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Peel and halve the pears. Use a melon baller to remove the core and seeds.
- Put the pears into the liquid. Reduce the heat to a slow simmer. Poach for 7-10 minutes, until tender but not mushy.
- Transfer the pears to a shallow bowl. Return the poaching liquid to a boil and reduce by ½, until you have about ¾ cup. Remove the lemon peel. Pour the thickened syrup over the pears.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and raspberries.
Login and Registration Form