- 16 oz/Eight 2.5-inch round biscuits (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- ⅓ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
Make the Pull Apart Baklava Bread
Taste the Greek Difference by using 776 Deluxe Greek Honey; Orange Blossom or try the distinct Chios Mastic Honey straight from the island of Chios. Easy to share and easy to make. We used store-bought buns in this recipe. Enjoy.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter a loaf pan.
- If using store-bought biscuits, make sure to bring them to room temperature. Take each biscuit and flatten it, using the back of a drinking glass or your palm.
- Mix the honey, melted butter, cardamom, cinnamon, salt, and orange zest.
- Spread a layer of the honey mixture on each biscuit. sprinkle most of the pistachios over the honey and fold the biscuits in half and place them in the loaf pan with the straight edge touching the bottom of the pan (folded edge resting on the bottom of the pan). Tightly pack the biscuits into the loaf pan. Sprinkle over any remaining pistachios and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the syrup ingredients. Brush the loaf with syrup, as it comes out of the oven Let the loaf cool for 30 minutes before serving.