- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced into thick pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme, leaves chopped (you can also use regular thyme)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan-style cheese
- 2 cups (packed) spinach leaves, washed and torn into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- Add the olive oil to a large pan over medium-low heat. When hot, add the onion and cook until it’s translucent about 4-6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so, taking care not to burn it.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme to the pan, stir, and cook until the mushrooms soften.
- Add the rice to the pan and mix it with the other ingredients to coat it. Cook it for about 2 minutes, stirring. You should hear the rice sizzle a bit.
- Add the wine. Cook, stirring until the liquid is absorbed.
- Divide the vegetable broth into thirds. Add the first portion to the pan. Cook, stirring until the liquid is absorbed. Do this two more times with the remaining broth. This should take 15-20 minutes. The rice should be soft at this point.
- Just before the last batch of broth is completely absorbed, add the buttery spread and Parmesan-style cheese. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat and add the spinach to the pan. Stir the spinach into the risotto. The heat will wilt the spinach.
- Add the salt and pepper, and toss in the toasted walnuts. Drizzle A L'Olivier Walnut Oil (optional). Mix well. Serve hot.