- 8 chicken thighs skin on, bone-in or 1 3 lb chicken cut into 8 serving pieces
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- 2 good-sized bulbs of fennel trimmed, cored, and halved. Reserve any fronds.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 Clementine oranges sliced
Time: 1 hour
Make the Chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper it all over.
- Toast the saffron in a hot skillet off the heat. Crumble it into the wine.
- Cut each ½ fennel bulb into 4 wedges.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large container. Toss to coat the chicken well with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Take it out an hour before roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 450º F.
- Arrange the chicken, skin side up, the fennel, and the oranges in a single layer in a baking dish. Pour the marinade over. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes until well browned and cooked through. The internal temperature should read 160º F. Remove from the oven.
- Platter the chicken and fennel. Cover loosely with foil. Pour off the juices into a saucepan and rapidly reduce by 1/3. Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the chopped reserved fennel fronds.
Login and Registration Form