- 3 bell peppers, 1ea. red, orange and yellow.
- ½ cup
- 3 tablespoons capers packed in salt
- 10 basil leaves
- Using a set of tongs, char the peppers over hot coals or an open flame until the skin is uniformly burnt.
- Put them in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Sweat until cool.
- Rub the skins off with a paper towel. Remove the stems and seeds.
- Quarter the peppers or cut into ¼ inch julienne.
- Put them in a shallow dish, pour the vinegar over. Toss the capers in a colander to remove most of the salt.
- Garnish the peppers with capers and basil. These will keep refrigerated for 1 week.