- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup capers in brine or salt, rinsed and squeezed dry
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- Sea salt and black, pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
Make the Shrimp
- In a 3 quart sauté pan or large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and the anchovies. Cook until the onion is soft and the anchovies are broken up. Add the garlic and paprika. Let them cook for a minute or two.
- Add a little butter, if the pan seems dry. Add the shrimp to the pan and sauté them for 1 minute on each side. Remove and set aside. Toss in the capers.
Make the Tomato Sauce
- Turn the heat up and deglaze the pan with the white wine. Dissolve everything on the bottom of the pan. Reduce the wine by ½. Stir in the tomato sauce. Bring to a rapid boil and remove from the heat. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Make the Polenta
- Make the quick-cooking polenta according to the package directions. When you set it aside, return the sauce to a slow simmer. Add the shrimp to the sauce and let them warm through for a few minutes.
- Ladle polenta into soup plate and top with the shrimp and sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley