- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 dozen Manila or littleneck clams
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon to finish
- Freshly ground black pepper
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil, then add a tablespoon of coarse sea salt.
- Heat the Granverde olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan.
- Add the shallots and garlic. Sauté until soft, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add wine. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the clams and cover. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. If you are using little necks, put the pasta in the boiling water the moment that you cover the pan. For Manila clams, wait 4-5 minutes before cooking them.
- Stir the pasta to prevent it from sticking together. Cook al dente. Drain.
- Remove the clams. Put 6 each into 4 pasta bowls or soup plates.
- Add spaghettine to the sauce and toss it around for a minute or two with the heat still on.
- Toss in the parsley.
- Put the pasta in the bowls.
- Garnish with the lemon zest and pepper.