- 4-6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 small dried hot red chili pepper, crumbled, or ½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, more to taste
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- In a large pot, bring 5-6 quarts of water to a vigorous boil. Add sea salt. Add pasta and stir.
- In a generous sauté pan, large enough to hold pasta and sauce, gently sauté garlic over medium-low heat. Do not brown.
- Add the anchovies to the oil and garlic. Cook briefly, mashing anchovy pieces into oil with a fork.
- Stir in chili pepper and half the parsley, and carefully add a ladle full of the pasta cooking water. Let simmer and reduce slightly while pasta finishes cooking. Start testing pasta after it has cooked for 5 minutes. When it is still a little chewy in the center, drain and add it to the pan with sauce. Turn heat up slightly, cook, mix pasta and sauce together well for 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is done to taste.
- Place pasta into a pre-heated serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining minced parsley and serve immediately.