- ½ cup sweet peas (fresh or frozen)
- ½ lb. asparagus
- 4-5 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 spring onion, finely diced or the white part of a leek
- 1 cup
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Cavalli Balsamico – to finish
Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Heat the stock to a simmer in a 2-quart saucepan and keep warm.
- In a 3-quart sauté pan or flame-proof casserole, heat oil over medium-low.
- Add chopped onion and sauté onion for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir quickly with a wooden spoon to coat all the grains with oil.
- Toast for 1-minute longer until the grains are opaque.
- Add the wine. Keep stirring until the wine is absorbed.
- Add 1 cup of the hot stock and stir vigorously until all liquid is absorbed.
- Once the rice is dry and all liquid absorbed, add another cup of stock.
- Repeat this process until all stock is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- When the rice is “al dente,” stir in the vegetables.
- Blend in the butter and the Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Plate and finish each serving with a generous drizzle of Cavalli Balsamico.
Login and Registration Form