- 2 Granny Smith apples, shredded
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 quart of seltzer
- OPTIONAL GARNISHES
- Apple slices
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- Cinnamon stick
Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 SERVINGS
- Put the apple shreds in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Blend vinegar, sugar and ginger and pour over the apples.
- Refrigerate 4- 5 days.
- Strain syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bottle, discarding apple shreds. (Strained syrup will keep for up to 2 weeks, covered tightly and chilled.)
- Mix 1 part syrup and 4 parts seltzer or soda water for a refreshing beverage, or 1 part vodka or rum to 2 parts syrup and 8 parts seltzer for cocktails.
- Garnish with rosemary, cinnamon stick and an apple slice.