- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 oz Celebrity Truffled Goat Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups seasoned panko
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Marinara sauce for serving
Make the Rice Balls
- Prepare rice according to package instructions and allow to cool completely. Once rice is cool, mix. together rice, parmesan cheese, and egg in a large bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Crumble the truffled goat cheese into the bowl with a fork, and gently fold into the rice until evenly distributed. Divide rice into 8 equal parts and roll into balls.
- Season panko well with salt and pepper, and place in a shallow bowl. Place flour in another shallow bowl, and lightly beat egg into a third bowl. Working one at a time, dredge balls in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip into egg bowl and turn to coat, letting excess drip back to bowl. Lastly, coat with panko, pressing lightly to adhere. Place on a lined sheet tray and chill while you heat the oil.
- In a medium-large heavy pot heat oil to 350 degrees. Carefully lower the rice balls into the oil with a slotted spoon, working in batches. Fry until golden brown – about 8 minutes. Transfer to paper towel to drain. Serve warm with marinara, if desired.