- 1 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber
- Pinch of salt
- ½ a lemon and its zest
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon each finely chopped, dill, mint and tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sumac
Time: 30 minutes
- Line a fine-mesh strainer or a colander with two layers of cheesecloth.
- Put in the yogurt and set it over a bowl in the refrigerator. Let the yogurt drain for an hour or two.
- While the yogurt drains, peel and seed the cucumber. Grate it on the coarse side of a four-sided grater.
- Put it in a strainer set over a bowl or saucepan and toss with a pinch of salt. Zest and juice ½a lemon.
- Mash or chop to a paste 1 clove of garlic.
- Remove the yogurt from the refrigerator and put it in a mixing bowl. Squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as you can.
- Fold the grated cucumber, lemon juice, garlic paste and herbs and 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper into the yogurt.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and drizzle the top with a swirl of 776 PGI Olympia Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Dust with sumac and lemon zest.