- Ginger Snap Crust
- 2 cups crushed ginger snap cookies (12 oz. or 340 grams)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut - Lime Cream
- 3 cans full-fat coconut milk (solid parts only), refrigerated overnight
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- Zest of 2 limes
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Mango Swirl Topping
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
Make the Mango Slurry
- Make a slurry by blending the cornstarch with a splash or two of the mango vinegar in a small bowl or teacup. Put the remaining mango vinegar and granulated sugar in a saucepan. Set over medium-low heat and stir in the slurry. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely before using.
Make the Ginger Snap Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Line a 13” x 9” pan with parchment.
- In a food processor, pulse together the crushed ginger snaps, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Stream in the melted butter and ginger-infused oil until the dough resembles wet sand. Press the dough into the pan in an even layer. Use the back of a drinking glass or measuring cup to compact the dough. Bake for 5-7 minutes.
Make the Coconut - Lime Cream Filling
- While the dough bakes, mix the coconut cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, lime zest, and lime juice. Pour the filling on top of the crust and spread it out evenly. Dollop the mango mixture all over the top. Draw a butter knife through the mango filing to swirl it into the coconut-lime cream.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the filling has lightly set. Let the bars cool for an hour at room temperature and refrigerate for 4-6 hour before slicing and serving. Top with toasted coconut flakes and lime zest before serving.