- 2 ¼ cups ceci, dried
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk of celery strings removed
- I carrot, scrapped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- day old bread
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Make the Soup
- Put the chickpeas in a saucepan with 1 clove of garlic and a sprig of rosemary. Cover with cold water and soak overnight
- The next day set the saucepan and contents over high heat and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour. Skim off any foam.
- Chop the garlic, celery and carrot fine. Sauté them in olive oil until soft.
- Add the vegetables to the chickpeas and simmer another 10 -15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. If you use the blender, cool the soup first and process in batches if necessary..
- Cut the bread into cubes and toast in a pan on the stove top or in the oven with a little truffle oil.
- Garnish your soup with the flavored croutons and two teaspoons of truffle sauce.