- Make the Cupcakes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cups dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup milk of choice, room temperature
- ¾ cup yogurt, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ cup steaming hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- Make the Filling & Frosting
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. unsalted, softened butter
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup
- Any Amedei Dark Chocolate bar (for chocolate shavings)
Time: 2 hours
Yield: 24 Cupcakes
Make the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 24 cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, yogurt, and vinegar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the try ingredients and mix together until almost combined. Then, slowly stream in the steaming hot water and mix until everything is fully combined. The batter should be a little runny. Divide the batter into the cupcake tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in the center of a cupcake and it comes out clean with only a couple crumbs clinging to it. Let the cupcakes completely
- cool before filling and decorating them.
Make the Filling & Frosting
- Once the cupcakes cool, using a small spoon, or your fingers, scoop out a little ½ hole from the center of each cupcake and fill it with the Toschi Amarena Black Cherries in Syrup.
- Then, make the white chocolate ganache frosting. Heat up the heavy cream until it is simmering. Pour it over the Amedei Couverture Gocce Drops Toscano Bianco White Chocolate in a large mixing bowl and cover for 5 minutes. Then, slowly mix together the heavy cream and white chocolate until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Then, beat together the heavy cream and white chocolate until it begins to increase in volume. Add in the softened butter, powdered sugar, pinch of salt, and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until a fluffy frosting forms. Transfer it to a piping bag and frost each of the cherry-filled cupcakes.
- To finish the cupcakes, drizzle a couple of drops of Villa Manodori "Dark Cherry" Balsamic Vinegar, and top with some chocolate shavings.
Login and Registration Form