- 1 ½ gelatin leaves OR 1 ½ teaspoon granulated gelatin
- ¼ cup (300 gr) milk
- 1 ¼ cup (300 gr) coconut puree
- (drops), finely chopped
- ½ vanilla pod, split & scraped
- 2 tablespoons (25 gr) caster sugar
- TROPICAL FRUIT COMPOTE INGREDIENTS
- I cup (200 gr) mango puree
- ¾ cup (150 gr) passion fruit puree
- ½ vanilla pod split and scraped
- 1/3 cup (50 gr) caster/superfine sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon (20 gr) Pectin Jaune (plant-based pectin powder)
- ¼ cup passion fruit seeds
- TO FINISH
- 1 fresh mango, cut into small dice
- Zest from 1 lime
- Coconut flakes, lightly toasted
Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4-8 SERVINGS
- Put the gelatin leaves in a bowl and pour over ice-cold water to cover. Soak for 10 minutes. Pour the contents of the bowl through a fine-mesh strainer. Squeeze the excess liquid from the gelatin. Set aside until needed.
- If you opt to use the granulated gelatin, add it directly to the warm milk mixture. Put the milk, coconut puree, white chocolate, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Take it off the fire and let it rest. Do not add the gelatin to boiling liquid.
- Remove the vanilla pod. Add the pre-soaked gelatin and mix well to dissolve. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer to smooth it out. Set aside to cool.
- In saucepan, bring the mango, passion fruit purees and vanilla bean to a boil. Mix the sugar and pectin. Add to the boiling liquid and whisk over medium heat until it thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the passion fruit seeds. Set aside and cool before use.
- Toast the coconut flakes in a hot skillet off the fire until they take on a bit of color. Tip them out and let them cool.
- Place 6 mango cubes in the bottom of a shot glass and spoon the Tropical Fruit Compote evenly on top (approximately 12 gr).
- Allow to set for 30 minutes.
- Next, pipe or spoon the cooled Panna Cotta into the glass over the compote (40 gr). Allow to fully set.
- Spoon a small quantity of the Tropical Fruit Compote on top of the Panna Cotta, then place 3 mango cubes on top.
- Finish with three pieces of coconut flakes and a sprinkling of lime zest.