- 6 large ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges and then cut in half
- A large red or yellow bell pepper, sliced into rings or julienned
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces green beans, blanched, refreshed in cold water, and halved
- 8 new potatoes, boiled in salted water and halved (optional)
- 1 celery rib, strings removed and sliced (optional)
- 12 Taggiasca olives
- 2 tablespoons of caper, rinsed (optional)
- 2 not so hard-boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise
Make the Salad
- Put the vinegar and oil into a small jar with a lid and shake vigorously to emulsify. Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl and toss with ½ of the dressing.
- Split the salad between individual serving plates. Portion the tuna, anchovies, and eggs and spoon additional dressing over.