- 1 lb small fava beans in the pod = 1 cup shelled
- ¼ cup ricotta salata or feta, diced
- ¼ cup Niçoise olives
- 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper to taste
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-3 SERVINGS
- To prep the beans: tear off the stem end of the pod and pull the string down to open the pods.
- Blanch the beans in boiling, lightly salted water for a minute, then refresh in ice water.
- Heat a pan on high heat without adding any oil. Add the fava beans. Drop the heat to low. Sauté over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Tip them into a serving bowl and stir in the olives and the cheese.
- Toss with the Garlic & Thyme Olive Oil.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.