- 10 small fresh, clean squid
- 1 tin of
- ½ cup of crushed tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- A few threads of Saffinter saffron
- 7 ounces Benedeto Cavalieri Capellini D'Angelo broken into small pieces
- 1/3 cups of fish broth
- 1 glass of white wine
- A handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- Peel and finely chop the onion, garlic clove, & parsley.
- Warm the pan to medium heat, add EVOO. When hot, add the onion and sauté until the onion has softened.
- Cut the squid into fine rings.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and stir until fragrant for about 2 minutes.
- Incorporate the squid into the pan. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, soak the Safinter saffron in the white wine to bloom before adding it to the dish.
- Add the wine to the pan and cook until evaporated.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the uncooked pasta, and continue stirring.
- Add the fish broth and leave to boil for 5 minutes.
- Open the Conservas Portomar Cockles and pour the brine into the mixture and stir well. Add the cockles and the chopped parsley (reserving some for garnish- cockles and parsley).
- Season with a pinch of salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook until the noodles are tender.
- Garnish each plate with the reserved cockles and parsley.