- SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 1 firm but fragrant mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into julienne
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into julienne
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (mixed colors would be lovely)
- ½ head of red cabbage very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves + 5 sprigs
- ¼ cup loosely packed Thai basil leaves
- SHRIMP INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup A L’ Olivier Coconut & Lime Vinaigrette (shake the bottle to emulsify)
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 12, 16-20 count, heads on shrimp
Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 SERVINGS
- In a deep bowl, toss the vegetables with the vinaigrette.
- Spread the salad out on a platter. Scatter the cilantro and basil over everything.
- Garnish with the sprigs of cilantro.
- Put the vinaigrette, ginger and paprika in a large mixing bowl. Stir them up.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Put them in the refrigerator while you prepare the grill. If you are using skewers, soak them in water.
- Grill the shrimp a minute or two on each side until opaque.
- Arrange them on top of the vegetables.
- This recipe will also work with A L' Olivier Mango & Lemongrass Vinaigrette or Pineapple & Basil Vinaigrette.