- 1 cup (100 gr) granulated sugar
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs (150 gr)
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) of plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 gr ) salt
- 1 1/2cups (180 gr) flour
- 1 tablespoon (14 gr) of baking powder
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Time: 1 hour
Make the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Butter and flour a 8 x 2 inch round cake pan. Whisk together the olive oil, sugar and lemon zest. Add the eggs one at a time. Blend in the yogurt.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder together in a bowl.
- Blend the dry ingredients into the olive oil/yogurt mixture. Pour the batter into the cake pan. Shake gently to distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Do not open the oven during this time.
- Remove from oven and invert on a rack to cool.