- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup of the pasta water
- 1 pound cheese ravioli
- Sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper
- Flat-leaf parsley, chopped garnishing
- Grate Parmigiano for serving
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a rapid boil. Salt it. Cook the ravioli according to package directions (or 1 ½ – 2 minutes if homemade), until al dente. Drain and reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat and melt the olive oil and butter together. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, keeping watch that it doesn’t burn. Add the shallot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the mushrooms and thyme. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring every few minutes until browned (6 – 8 minutes).
- Add the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and reserved cooking liquid, and bring to a simmer. Let the sauce simmer for 2 minutes, then toss through the ravioli.
- Plate up, garnish with flat-leaf parsley and serve immediately. Pass grated cheese at the table.